Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Student Success Statement


“What you are as a person is far more important than what you are as a basketball player.”

-         John Wooden

Reflection:

This quote can be applied to other things other than basketball, I believe. It’s important to focus on being yourself, as opposed to proving yourself to others on the field, or in general. I don’t know..I really don’t know if I’m a good person, and I’m not going to pretend to be. If I’m satisfied with myself, then that’s so much more important to me than if I try to prove to others that I’m what they want.
I might not be the best friend, or soccer player, or swimmer, or the best person, and I’m okay with that. But I will never deny myself to myself.
That’s what I think this quote means, as far-fetched as my interpretation might sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment