Thursday, September 11, 2014

Student Success Statement

"The key to freedom is obedience."
- Boyd K. Packer

Reflection:
I don't like this quote at all, to be completely honest. I don't like the idea that the only way you can attain freedom is by being obedient to those above you. Well, not liking it is an understatement. I hate it. I hate it. It's so horrible to think that the only way you can have freedom (which isn't even freedom when you think about it, freedom to do what you want AS LONG AS you follow certain rules is most definitely NOT freedom) is by bowing down to others. I can only assume that the creator of this quote was probably a man of authority, who looked down on the people he deemed beneath him.

I never want to view this quote even as a life motto. No. That's just a stupid quote with a heavy contradiction.

The key to freedom is complete anarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment