Friday, September 26, 2014

Student Success Statement

"When obedience becomes our goal, it is no longer an irritation; instead of a stumbling block, it becomes a building block."

- James E. Faust
Reflection:
Obedience is apparently not my goal, since it is more of an irritation than a building block. Becoming a meek follower, depends on who the leader is. I can only be obedient to a cause I believe in. If that isn't the case, then I will continue to be insubordinate. All these rules and regulations I live under...they're suffocating me. I honestly can't live under this oppression for much longer, and if that means I go down that path that everyone frowns upon, believe me, I'll do it. All obedience ever got me was stupid pent up emotions and a quivering fist. I feel like deep down, I'm hardwired for violence. If choosing the right is all I've ever done up to now, then I know I'm starting to change. Trying to hold yourself together because someone else is telling you to isn't what I want. It's not what anyone wants.

I've seen too many things that have only shown me this: enforced obedience by authority spark rebellions.
Needless to say, if I was placed under pressure by my superiors, I would rather fight back than surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment