Friday, September 5, 2014

Anesthesiologist


Duties and Responsibilities:

An anesthesiologist is a physician who administers pain-killing gas or shots during operations and surgical procedures.

Salary:

The average annual salary for anesthesiologists is $427,956. The average income for anesthesiologists that specialize in managing pain is $529,347, and pediatric anesthesiologists receive an annual income of $464,412.

Education:

·        -  Undergraduate Degree
·        -  Medical Degree
·         - Residency Training
Additionally, to become an anesthesiologist, you also need to pass the USMLE, get a state medical license, and (required by most employers) get Board Certification in Anesthesiology.

Reflection:

Becoming an anesthesiologist sounds interesting, but as to whether I would want to become one is an entirely different question. I think that it is something I could possibly want to look into in the future, but at the same time, I continue to aspire for my aforementioned goals in past reflections (becoming a gynecologist, novel writer, etc.). I know people deal with a lot of pain, and that would be the main reason I’d want to become an anesthesiologist, to take some of that pain away.

No comments:

Post a Comment