Friday, September 26, 2014

Cardiologist

Duties and Responsibilities:


Cardiologists diagnose and treat heart and blood vessel problems using a combination of physical examination, symptom review and medical testing

Salary:

 

This wage is equal to or greater than an annual salary of $187,200 per year or $90.00 per hour.

Education:


Cardiologists have to complete at least three years of coursework in undergraduate school with a focus on the basic sciences. Afterwards, they go on to complete four years of medical school. During medical school, students typically spend the first two years taking courses in basic medicine and physiology. Students complete clerkship in the final two years, as well as diagnosing illnesses and treating patients in clinics.

Reflection:


Cardiology is very interesting, but I think I'd be too nervous to be entrusted with opening someone's torso and preform open heart surgery on them. It just seems too risky and when I'm nervous, I tend to not be able to stay still. In a moment of panic, I'd probably even shake a bit and ruin the whole operation. So, I don't even know if I'm up for something like cardiology.

No comments:

Post a Comment