Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Student Success Statement

"Obedience is the great test of life."

-Thomas S. Monson

Reflection:
I get it. Obedience is everything, this man [Thomas Monson] has only emphasized it so many times, that the words ring in my ears interminably. "Obedience is this, obedience is that, you can't be happy without obedience, Obedience is freedom," we get it.

However, just because I understand his meaning, doesn't mean I accept it or believe it.
I repeat, I don't accept or believe the fact that obedience is everything just because an old and weird man keeps saying it.

If Lucifer himself told us to do something, would we be obedient to such a man?
Would we be obedient if we knew we were doing the wrong thing?

If hurting someone else was my command, but I thought it was wrong. I wouldn't do it.

If obedience is the great test of life, then I'm sorry, but I'm failing it.




No comments:

Post a Comment