Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Ambulance Dispatcher


Duties and Responsibilities:

Ambulance dispatchers, also called 9-1-1 operators or public safety tele communicators, answer calls of emergency as well as nonemergency

Salary:

The median annual wage for an ambulance dispatcher is $36,300 or $17.45 per hour.

Education:

To become a dispatcher, it is required to have a high school diploma or equivalent, and (most states require) certification.


Reflection:

            Becoming an ambulance dispatcher seems like a very low place to aim for. If all I need is a high school diploma, then is it really worth it? The best jobs, are the ones that aren’t too easy to attain. In my opinion, I’d much rather work towards a higher goal, because I know it’ll pay off in the end. Whereas, with an annual wage of about $35,000, I know that if I were to have a family, I’d be running on a wage that would just barely sustain all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment