Friday, September 19, 2014

Private Investigators


Duties and Responsibilities:

Private investigators (detectives) find facts and analyze information about legal, financial, and personal matters. They also offer other services, verifying people's backgrounds, finding missing persons, and investigating computer crimes as well.

Salary:

In May 2012, the median annual wage for private detectives and investigators was $45,740. The hourly wage was $21.99 per hour.

Education:

Private detectives and investigators usually mainly need several years of experience in law enforcement. They also have to have a high school diploma, and the large majority of states require private detectives and investigators to have a license.



Reflection:

I would like to be one, but as to whether or not I’m sufficiently capable to complete the job and do it in a way that my wage is higher than the average wage, I have no idea. I basically chose to research this career because I find it really intriguing. I am a big fan of anime, and one of my favorite characters – known widely as “L”- was a private investigator/detective in the animated series “Death Note”. His deductive skills and highly accurate reasoning was incredibly impressive, and I don’t think I’ll ever find myself admiring a fictional character as much as I admire him. Maybe I’m not necessarily interested in the career myself, but I still think it’s very interesting and think that solving cases would be equally challenging but something that I’d enjoy and have fun with as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment