Friday, September 19, 2014

Student Success Statement

"Obedience is central is becoming, being, and remaining happy."

- David Bednar
Image result for david bednar

Reflection:
I don't agree with this. I really don't agree with the reinforcement from several different people that obedience is the only route to being content in life. The most important thing to me, in order to become happy, is free will. Freedom to protect the people I care about, to stand up against authority because I have a contrasting opinion to what is right as opposed to what I'm told is right. I want to live a full, exciting, maybe even dangerous life, but I want to live without restrictions and even if I go to hell, and the gates of heaven are closed to me, I want to look back at my life on my deathbed, and know that I lived. I want so much, I'm greedy and self-centered, and will probably be prosecuted for insubordination in the future, but...

...I'd rather dance in the rain than stare at it longingly through the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment