Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Student Success Statement

“Obedience sums up our entire duty.”
-Hosea Ballou



Reflection:
I’m tired of seeing quotes like this. I’m tired of seeing that obedience is our primary objective, I’m tired of seeing obedience tied into freedom, I’m tired of arguing. I’d just like to say that I admire people who choose to stand against authority, much much more than someone doing their so-called duty by meekly following orders. Obedience is important, yes, but in a lot of cases, those who demand obedience aren’t always in the right. Would you say that if your superior threatened to take away your rights if you refused to kill someone, that obedience would be the obvious and correct response? Obedience should be earned from loyalty, not forced onto people. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment