Thursday, March 12, 2015

Volunteer Opportunities



In my internet search for volunteer opportunities pertaining to the medical field, I found many different positions that I found myself interested in. I filtered them to apply to teens:
  1. Volunteer to work with senior citizens - maintain their emotional, mental, and physical well-being as well as prevent feelings of isolation.
  2. Work the red cross and assist people who need help.
  3. Work at a mission shop where low-income families can purchase over the counter medicine
I refrained from adding further options because the internet was unusually slow on my computer, and waiting for each result to load after having clicked on the links presented to me by Google would've taken far too long. However, many of the volunteer opportunities I found usually had a place to click "APPLY NOW", and filling out certain applications and meeting the requirements were vital.


Also, I thought it was very interesting how not all volunteer work requires you to even get out of your house. There is also volunteer work that can be done virtually, I think that that's definitely something to keep in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment