Thursday, March 12, 2015

Video Summary

In a high school football game in Michigan, a football team planned to not make a touchdown, with a specific goal in mind. There was a special-ed student, Keith, and they would make it so that he would make the touchdown. 
It became the kind of experience where they made everyone's day, and many people were surprised by the sentiment, they'd never even considered doing something like what the football team had come up with. 

In all honesty, I'm also one of those people who wouldn't even consider the idea of helping out someone else. I'm probably a bit selfish as I say this, but good actions like those don't come to mind naturally. I'm not used to contact with those who are mentally or physically deficient, and I hope I don't come off as rude when I say that I do catch myself avoiding those types of people instead of approaching them.

Nevertheless, stories like these never cease to amaze me. They're quite common when it comes to sports, and Mr. Haymore has shown us quite a few of them. I often wonder if I'll ever have the good kind of ulterior motives and help out a kid, similarly to the way this football team helped Keith.

No comments:

Post a Comment