Friday, March 20, 2015

Student Success Statement

"I trust that my hard work will pay off."
Image result for tyler haws
- Tyler Haws

Reflection:
I can relate to this. I remember four years ago I was starting to look what one would call "overweight". As I entered middle school, I suddenly became incredibly self-aware in this department. I started doing P.E., which entailed physical activity I wasn't used to, and I couldn't pass my runs at first.
I couldn't pass my half mile under five minutes, and I was coming increasingly close to the time restriction for passing the mile. 
Then, I saw people around me. The royal blue shorts and the gold shorts, special shorts in P.E for those who were deemed the "best" or the "fastest" of the school. Suddenly, I had goals.
I started working hard, going to the gym as often as I could, joining sports after school, anything and everything that would have me doing exercise. I became so fast, that my mile times went from just under 12 minutes to under 8 minutes. My half-miles went from over five minutes, to under 3 1/2 minutes. I was running so fast that many people couldn't keep up with me.
I know first hand that hard work does pay off. I most definitely can agree with this man, Tyler Haws.

No comments:

Post a Comment