Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Student Success Statement

"Many think that the short term gain will be worth the long term pain, but it isn't. In addition, using steroids is cheating, and there is nothing worse in sports than a cheater. Don't do it."Image result for george mitchell
- George Mitchell

Reflection:
I can definitely relate this to my past experiences. I think about this all the time, in regard to my weight, I read a similar quote, "Overeat and feel good right now, or eat healthy and get the body of your dreams to feel good later". I think that the foundation of both quotes is the same. The short term gain is not worth the long term pain. Take obesity, for example. An overweight person will feel good after a large, unhealthy meal, but later they'll think back and wonder why they can't manage to lose weight. Meanwhile, if someone who's overweight holds back just a bit, endures a little, they'll see results. I definitely refer to these types of quotes on a daily basis, when I feel the urge to violate my principles, I remember why I set them in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment