Monday, April 13, 2015

World Records

For this assignment I was able to find several weird records that I'd like to share.

The Farthest Eyeball Pop
furthest eyeball pop
This one made me cringe a bit, I had no idea people can pop their eyes out, let alone the fact that there existed a world records on it. This woman apparently popped her eyes almost half an inch from where they...should be.

Largest Gathering of Santas
I...didn't know... there was a world record for this. But apparently 13,000 people had the time to dress up as Santas and walk around...

Largest Collection of Clocks
At 1,094 clocks, this guy doesn't seem to happy about his achievement.

Heaviest Weight Pulled by Eye Sockets
Pulling 907 pounds with your eye sockets has got to hurt. I really don't understand how people can put themselves through this, but my eyes hurt just looking at this picture.

Greatest Altitude for a Balloon Skywalk
This is probably the scariest yet, Mike Howard from the UK balanced on a beam between two balloons at over 21,000 feet, setting a new record. I can barely balance myself on a skateboard, I can't even imagine having the guts to walk on a beam, in the air, thousands of feet from the ground.

Most Watermelons Chopped on the Stomach in One Minute
If walking on beams in midair, pulling hundreds of pounds with your eye sockets, or even popping out your eyeballs didn't sound slightly disturbing and overly dangerous, then there's this record. Jim Hunter cut 25 melons (yes, 25, and with a machete) over the stomach of Celia Curtis, which was used as a cutting board. I don't even know if this was incredibly brave, or stupidly reckless. I just know I would never let some guy chop watermelons on my stomach.

The Largest Pizza
Largest pizza
Moving away from all the dangerous feats, I'd like to bring up that I love pizza. But this...is an exaggeration. In December of 1990, the largest pizza in history was just over 1 square mile in South Africa. Like, I literally don't know how people have the time to set such ridiculous world records....

Anyways, that was all, but there are plenty more world records that are insanely weird, and probably even more perilous than the ones I posted. You should try it out too. Who knows, maybe one day I'll get the world record for making...the largest chair, I don't know. These things are really random ._.

No comments:

Post a Comment