Thursday, April 9, 2015

Student Success Statement

"My basic principle is that you don't make decisions because they are easy; you don't make them because they are cheap; you don't make them because they are popular; you make them because they are right."


- Theodore Hesburgh

Reflection:
I think that this is mostly true, although I have definitely made many decisions because they are easy, like shortcuts on a math problem, not only is it easier, it is smart to employ shortcuts that you can use to your advantage. Another thing, I buy pizza because I like it and because it is cheap, and as to whether or not this is right or not, it makes me happy. I've bought shoes in the past because they were popular, and I felt ecstatic at the time, I don't know if that is right either. However, referring to the moral view of things, I know that this man is right in what he says, because the easy, cheap, popular path is not always the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment