Monday, April 13, 2015

Student Success Statement

"Goodness is the only investment that never fails."
-Henry David Thoreau 

Reflection:
Goodness is an investment that others carry along with themselves, even after you're long and gone. Goodness is something that ensures that you will be remembered by other people, that were touched by your kind actions. I want to be viewed as a good person, and I want to be loved, not hated or feared. In this life, we don't get to choose how other people feel about us, but we do influence the impression others have of us. There is someone out there, that I really want to make a good impression on, and in order to do that, I need to be the best person I can be. Even if my nature is evil, I will aspire to be good because I care about what that person thinks about me. And what others think about me. Some say a reputation is meaningless, but a reputation also decides as to whether you'll live on in other people's hearts.

They say that a man is immortal if his memory lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment