Monday, April 27, 2015

Medical Surgical Nurse

Duties and Responsibilities:
Medical-Surgical nurses specialize in care across the all of the health care needs. As part of the Army Nurse Corps, they have an important role in improving the overall quality of life of soldiers as well as their families.

Salary:
The hourly wage of a medical surgical nurse is anywhere between $35 to $50 dollars.

Education:
A medical-surgical nurse must have a bachelor's degree in nursing from the ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing) or the CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education). You also have to be between 21-42 years old, and a US citizen.

Army Nurse Corps

Reflection:
I've often considered that it might be interesting to serve in the army as a medic, but at the same time, I often view being in the army as something you get roped into, and you can't get out until you've followed through. It kind of scares me to think of being stuck somewhere and unable to get out, regardless of how being a medical-surgical nurse works, I'm not sure I want to associate myself with such an environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment