Friday, May 1, 2015

Student Success Statment

"Dare to stand alone."
Image result for thomas s. monson
-Thomas S. Monson

Reflection:
There is great importance in standing alone, because whenever everyone else is doing something wrong and trying to convince you to do the same, it's important to have your own integrity and have the courage to follow a different path. I think that saying you'll stand alone is easier said than done, it is something that requires more than simply just the belief that you are right, it requires hardened resolve and true longing to stand up for what you believe in. I don't know if I would dare to stand alone if everyone else was contradicting me, trying to convince me that I'm the one who's wrong, because with so many people against me, I just might believe them. It's happened before, on a math problem, but I don't know what my reaction would be in a real life crisis, or how someone can dare to be the only man standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment