Friday, May 15, 2015

Optician

Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of an optician is to help fit glasses and contact lenses for customers based on prescriptions from ophthalmologists or optometrists. They also help you choose the type of glasses or contacts to buy.

Salary:
The salary of an optician is approximately $33,330 yearly, or $16.03 hourly.

Education:
Opticians usually have a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as some on-the-job training and possibly an associate's degree from a community college. Licensure is also required in some states.

opticians dispensing image

Reflection:
I think that if I wanted to work in the eye industry, or whatever you call the optical department, that I would aspire to become an optometrist, not an optician. I think that the pay for becoming an optician is fairly good for someone living on their own, but if I were to want to get married and have children, I would want to make more money. I want a higher wage so that my kids can not only have enough food to grow up healthy, but so that I can provide money needed when they want to join a sport, or go on a camping trip. I want to be financially capable of giving my children the easiest life possible. Even if I had a husband to manage my financial status, I would still like to feel self-dependent when it comes to handling myself or my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment