Thursday, May 21, 2015

Memorial Day

What is Memorial Day?
Memorial day is a U.S. holiday.

What is the purpose of Memorial Day?
The purpose of memorial day is to commemorate those who have died while serving the military. 

When is it? 
Memorial Day is typically observed on the last Monday of May. This year (2015) it will be on May 25th.

What are a few ways to show honor and respect on Memorial Day?
Well, since it is a holiday celebrated by the entire nation, sometimes there are rallies. Many schools also give students the day off on Memorial Day.
You could show honor and respect for Memorial Day by participating in charities for the families that have lost their loved ones as a result of their time in the military.

Image result for memorial day

Memorial Day is a holiday that I find particularly interesting because it kind of ties into Veteran's Day. Both are holidays that honor those who have served the U.S., and it is very endearing to see that these people who have sacrificed so much are being given recognition.

What are a few things you will do on Memorial Day to show honor and respect?
On Memorial Day, I think I'll probably just work on my homework. I don't really tend to do anything out of the ordinary for holidays like  these particularly because I've never really lost anyone who joined the military (nor do I want to). I respect those who have died serving their country, but I don't think there's much I can do to show my honor and respect if my parents don't even let me leave the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment