Thursday, May 21, 2015

Student Success Statement

"I would prefer to fail with honor than win by cheating."
- Sophocles

Reflection:
People like Sophocles are good, honest people. As much as I wouldn't want to admit it, I'm not sure my conscience would feel guilty enough if I happened to cheat on a small test. Cheating isn't something I do, I'm too dumb to actually pull it off and I tend to study heavily beforehand anyways, so there's no real reason to cheat, but if I was taking a test and circumstances made it impossible to study, I just might feel tempted to cheat. I wouldn't feel proud of failing even if I did it honorably, I'd MUCH rather get a good score.

However, the thing that holds me back the most is my own personal habits. I haven't cheated on a test my whole life, and starting to cheat now could become a bad habit and I always remind myself, "If I cheat on this test, I'm cheating myself". That's one of my many mantras, and honestly, I wouldn't want to break it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment