Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Registered Dietician

Duties and Responsibilities

Dietitians and nutritionists are experts in food and nutrition. They advise people on what to eat in order to lead a healthy lifestyle or achieve a specific health-related goal.

Salary

The median annual wage for dietitians and nutritionists was $55,240 in May 2012.

Education

Most dietitians and nutritionists have a bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, food service systems management, clinical nutrition, or a related area. Programs include courses in nutrition, psychology, chemistry, and biology.
Many dietitians and nutritionists also have advanced degrees.

Dietitians and nutritionists

Reflection

I'm not particularly interested in becoming a dietitian, I feel like I'm more prone to visiting a dietitian than to aspiring to become one. There's a lot of different things I'd like to be, and as much as I value maintaining a good diet, I know I'd be a walking talking hypocrite if I went around telling people to eat healthy when I myself strongly dislike the idea of warping my diet to the ideal food pyramid the government provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment