Friday, January 30, 2015

Ben Carson - Student Success Statement


  • Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty
  • His mother and father divorced
  • His mother came from a family of 24 children
  • His mother couldn't read
  • His mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis
  • Ben was the worst student in his grade school class
  • Ben becomes top student in his school
  • Ben becomes a world renowned doctor


“I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty).it depends upon how hard I want to work and I decided that I would change it.”  
- Dr.Ben Carson
Reflection:
I understand the determination that he had, because there was a point in my life as well in which I suddenly felt a burst of inspiration to change things, to learn things, and it is those kinds of people that act upon their motivation to muster up the enthusiasm to move forward in life. I find it very incredible how someone that was doing so horribly in class could move up so much, and it's thanks to education, it is thanks to a longing to do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment