Friday, February 13, 2015

Student Success Statement

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Image result for george washington
- George Washington
(This was honestly the best picture :p)

Reflection:
I've lived by this type of mindset for most of my life, and I've gotten better at the things I'm interested in by surrounding myself with people who possess similar goals and motivations. To go and find myself in a group of people that are a stark contrast to what I want to be, would be utterly idiotic. I try to stick to the crowd that mirrors the person I am, knowing that by staying with them, I'll find myself where I want to be. If I were to spend my time with people who plan on wasting their lives (be it on drugs, or an eternal part-time job at McDonald's) my own progress will be stagnated. I know that, and I fully agree with George Washington, that it is better to be alone, than in bad company.

No comments:

Post a Comment