Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Colonel Daily and Miles

    In the state of Ohio, a little boy by the name of Miles found a stray $20 dollar bill lying askance on the pavement. Jubilant and anxious, he picked it up with the intention of spending it on a video game. However, he changed his mind when he walked into a diner and saw a man in uniform on one of the tables.
    He was instantly reminded of his father, a former soldier, who died in action.
    This young boy simultaneously knew what he would spend his money on: he would buy food for that man in the diner. He even handed the soldier a post it note telling him how his [Miles] own father had been a soldier, and in his memory, he wanted to "pay-it-forward"so that the soldier wouldn't need to pay for his meal.

I thought that this little story was very cute, and I am continued to be impressed by the small videos presented to us in class, to see so many people with so much more integrity in the pinky of their finger than I do in my entire body.
    I don't think that I'd ever be as honorable of this boy, not even if I tried.
    In this situation, I wouldn't even have considered spending my twenty dollars on someone else, it's simply not in my nature, and I don't think it could be, even if I tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment