Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Student Success Statement

" 1. Can people trust me to do what's right?
2. Am I committed to doing my very best?
3. Do I treat people the way I want to be treated?
If the answer to these questions is yes. there is no way you can fail."
- Lou Holtz

Reflection:
This is a quote I definitely agree with, although I'm not entirely sure I would live by it. The thing with people trusting me to do what's right, is that I'm human. Even though I'll always do my best to be honest, I know some time along the road I'll make mistakes, and I think that's okay. I don't think there's anything wrong with failure, as long as you have the motivation to get back up.
I'm committed to doing my very best, but I also think it's okay if at one point you feel like giving up. I'll always put as much effort as I can, but there's nothing wrong with feeling beat down.
The last question is the one that gets me, "Do I treat people the way I want to be treated?" I believe I do, but if all I get in return is unappreciation and resentment, then I'd rather revert that quote to, "Do I treat people the way they treat me?" I think that if someone is bagging on you, the least you owe to yourself is to stand up to that one person and defend yourself. I'm not the type of person who would just sit down and let someone trample on my pride. I believe that these words are good motivators, but not in all instances, and I know sometimes my answers to these questions will be yes, and sometimes my answers will be no.

No comments:

Post a Comment