Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Voice Actor

Duties and Responsibilities:

 Voice actors are people who record their voices and place them on animations to make animated series come to life with authentic sounds, as well as narrate things such as movies or commercials.

Salary:

All voice actors earn an average wage of about $28.79

Education:
There are no educational requirements to become a voice actor, although there are preforming arts schools where people can work on their talent to hone their abilities and increase chances of being hired.

Reflection:

I've constantly spent my time watching anime, usually in it's native language, which is Japanese, because usually English voice actors annoy me; they don't have any knack for bringing the anime characters to life in their language. Therefore, I feel like I would really like to correct that issue. I'd love to one day voice act for an anime that hasn't been translated into English yet, so I can make sure that if I like it, then other people will like it too. Many people constantly complain about how when anime is translated from Japanese to English, the transition doesn't work, and the English voice actors don't captivate the audience with the same emotion as the Japanese actors do. I want to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment