Thursday, October 2, 2014

Goal Setting is Goal Getting - Mark Hansen Video


Mark Hansen said some very important things in the video that was shown to us. Set goals to get goals. We can start with as little as 100 goals and build up from there, learn to have those goals down somewhere so we can go back and say “Oh look I made that goal”. It’s a very interesting endeavor in my opinion, and I fully agree with it, although I doubt I could actually write 6,000 goals like Mark Hansen myself since I’m struggling right now and I barely have a rough estimate of about 40 goals. Though regardless, I’m willing to try because I have goals too, and we shift and change and want new things on a regular basis. I’m very greedy, I think. I’m greedy enough to desire to achieve all of my goals. I see this exercise as ambition-building, and I really like that.
            Hansen also added that we should add victory to the goals we have achieved (as opposed to the generic checkmark I planned on putting), and I believe it is very fitting. To write “victory” is a cause for celebration, you’ve achieved something, never mind how small, it makes you feel somewhat fulfilled. It’s more than just a checklist, which is something that I think Hansen was trying to place emphasis on. Don’t just make a list about what you want, make it knowing that you’re going to try to get it. Like he said, “Goal setting is goal getting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment