Monday, October 20, 2014

Studfent Success Statement

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now. Write down what you want most and see it often."

-Peter Vidmar
Reflection:
I wholeheartedly agree with this quote, and I can tell you why, since it's something that I apply to my everyday life.
I have a great desire to stay in a healthy shape, to do my exercise and be physically fit. There might be things I want on a whim (i.e. overeat, skip practice, be lazy, procrastinate) simply because I don't feel like doing those things in that specific moment. Yet later, these rash actions affect my bigger goal, and make it difficult for me to achieve it. If I want something, I can't lose sight of it, not even for a split second. This quote relays the truth to everyone, it's the reason some people can't lose weight, the reason some people can't quit drugs or smoking, it's the reason humanity is such a rotten race. I've never read a quote that represents my standards and values in such a small and concise statement as this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment