Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Allergist/Immunologist


Duties and responsibilities: A physician specially trained to diagnose, treat and manage allergies, asthma and immunologic disorder.

Salary: $225,814

Education: 4 years of undergraduate study is required, as well as a minimum of 3 years of medical school, and 2 years of allergy and immunology training.

Reflection:

I think I would not like to be an allergist, simply because it’s not something that interests me. I know that it’s important to provide that service, but coming from someone who’s never experienced or witnessed things such as an asthma attack wouldn’t understand or develop a passion for treating those with asthma. I feel like this profession is something that generally interests those who have first or second-hand experience with all of that. I’m sure if I had a family member with asthma, I’d probably be somewhat interested in this career. However, I’ve stated in the past that I’d like to be a gynecologist, which is something that suits everybody, and I like to be of service to an entire community as opposed to just a certain group.

No comments:

Post a Comment