Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Acupressure



Duties and Responsibilities:

An acupressure practitioner uses acupressure to target specific point in the body to provide therapeutic relief. The method of applying acupressure can also be used not only by acupressure practitioners but by massage therapists as well. People working in this field may also work in spas, fitness centers, and healthcare facilities.

Salary:

 Salaries for massage therapists vary in accordance to who the employer is and where they are situated, but according to the BLS in May 2012, they make an annual wage of about $40,350.

Education:

According to the BLS, certification requirements usually involve passing an exam and (in some cases) providing proof of CPR certification.

                                                              

Reflection:

I’ve only occasionally ever heard of acupressure or acupuncturists, but it doesn’t really draw my attention much at all. I don’t really think it’s the kind of career that I would want to pursue, since I know that jobs are so much easier to cope with when you’re doing something you love. When I grow older, I want to be doing something that I’m passionate about. No offense to those who practice acupressure or massage therapy, but honestly, poking feet is not something I would look forward to doing, in any parallel universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment