Monday, June 1, 2015

Student Success Statement

"Success is not an accident. Success is actually a choice. Are the habits you have today on par with the dreams you have of tomorrow?"
- Alan Stein

Reflection:
I was a bit moved by the words of Alan Stein, because they really do reflect my mindset. At the end of the day, you're the one making the choices that affect your success. If you are planning to lose 50 pounds, but haven't changed your exercise or eating habits...are your habits really on par with your dreams of tomorrow? If you don't have the resolve to change things about yourself to meet your goals, then do you expect to achieve any of them? I like thinking about these things, and reflecting on them. 

I know some people who say they "can't diet", therefore, they never lose weight. No, the reason they can't diet is because they don't have the resolve to diet as extensively as they need to. I know I want to lose weight, so I make sure that I'm not only hoping for a better tomorrow, but that I'm striving for a better tomorrow. Most people don't really recognize the fact that you have to choose to work hard to succeed, because success is most definitely not an accident, it is a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment