Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Final: Part 1

1. What are things that you liked about the class?

I liked that we didn't just sit around and waste time... we were always doing something. In my sixth grade computer class, we would be given a sheet of paper that we had to type up, and then we just messed around on the computer the rest of the time. Here, Mr. Haymore takes the time and effort to put together life lessons. This isn't just a class about computers, it's a class about being a good person. And I like that very much.

2. What are things that you did not like about the class?

In complete honesty, I didn't like all these life lessons...at first, but they grew on me, and always give me something to think about. Something that I still don't like is writing about medical careers. Some of them were hard to find good reliable information on, and I feel like a lot of my reflections said the same thing. Writing genuine reflections about each career became hard for me because I didn't really have much of an opinion on say...health technicians, nor was I interested. If I could just write one reflection statement, for a lot of the careers we learned about I would say, "I don't like it" and leave it at that.

3. Recommendations for improving the class.

I don't really know what to say for this. There might be hundreds of ways to improve this class, but as for a single one that comes to mind...I can't think of anything, sorry.

4. Did you really do your best in this class?

I'd like to say that I did. Although, sometimes I looked at my reflections (which were particularly lengthy at times) compared to other people, and felt like I was overdoing myself. Although I'm guilty of being on the computer at times when I probably shouldn't, I do make an effort to take the life lessons I learn in this class into account. I think that there is much to be learned here, and I haven't disregarded any of the Student Success Statements I've reflected on in this class.

5. Are you reading your Life Planning 100+ Goals Daily for at least two minutes? Explain.

I considered lying for this, but I think that I'll just tell the truth. I don't read my life-planning goals on a daily basis, HOWEVER I do look back at it frequently to see what I've achieved so far. My goals book is almost like my personal diary at this point, it has all the goals that people already know about, and also goals that I don't want anyone else reading. I've always been bad at keeping diaries, but hopefully I'll continue to feel incentive to read it even when I'm done with this class.

6. Are you committed to be a CTR person? Why or why not?

I think that I'm somewhat committed. I can't guarantee that I'll always choose the right, because sometimes I don't know what the right choice is. Or maybe the right choice comes at a high cost, and I'm not really so honorable that I'm immune to the idea of copying someone's homework. I think, however, that when it comes to helping others out, I'm more than glad to. I want to be someone who is viewed as a good person, and with that goal in mind, I would like to be a CTR person.

7. What will you always remember about this class?

I think that I'm always going to remember all of the life lessons and videos that we saw in this class. We live in an age where not many people think it is important to emphasize the significance of being a good person. Most people would write it off as "gay" or "lame", but even when I joke around about Mr.Haymore expecting me to "choose the right", I sincerely mean it. I will always have my blog and my daily goals planner to look back on, I've learned many good things, and I am positive that I will never forget this class. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment