Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Student Success Statement

"1. Have the courage to say no.
2. Have the courage to face the truth.
3. Do the right thing because it is right.

These are the 3 magic keys to living your life with integrity."
Image result for w. clement
- W. Clement Stone

Reflection:
There are things that I don't know yet. I don't know if I'll always have the courage to say no, or especially to face the truth, as much as I hope I do.
But one thing that I know is that I'll do what is right, because it is right, because I say it's right, and not authority. I heard someone say once , "There is no such thing as right or wrong. The ones who draw the line between the two are the people with power, not the moral or ethical standards, like we tend to believe."
I don't know, I guess I'm rambling here...but what I'm trying to say is that what we conceive as right may differ from what the world conceives as right, and I never want to let the outsiders penetrate my ideals that are swirling in a kaleidoscope of disorganized opinions and information that are drowning me within my mind. Integrity, I don't know what it is entirely, but it'd be hypocritical for a cheater and liar like me to say she'd be capable of such a major feat like accomplishing true integrity. These 3 magic keys...ha, I'd have to be the mother of Jesus to be so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment